The IDPs Tracker platform was created in the spirit of transparency and accountability to show specific inputs and activities on several humanitarian indicators with their impact. The platform allows for the public to easily find humanitarian data as related to the crisis torn North East Nigeria and Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) for actionable decisions and Sustainable Development.
It enables the public to easily find, monitor and measure humanitarian input of known key players. It poses a great opportunity for individuals and groups who want to use or share data, conduct research, create visualizations or understand the gaps in humanitarian efforts, evaluate impact of intervention, and make informed decisions that will bring further development and positive change.
IDPsTracker curates data and information that already exists. Although a work in progress, the next phase for the platform is to have more analytical functionalities and open content that would allow the public innovate, build web and mobile applications, design data visualizations, and a lot more.
We enjoin international and local humanitarian organizations and NGOs active in North East Nigeria to share data with us for publishing on this repository.
Read about IDPsTracker on the following selection of articles.
- Quartz – Homegrown technology is being used to help millions at risk from a devastating famine in Africa
- Opendatainstitute – Retelling the stories of displaced people in Nigeria with data
- Quartz – Data transparency is being used to tackle Nigeria’s corruption problem one report at a time
- Venturesafrica – This infographics reveal how children are trafficked in Nigeria
- Naija – Massive child trafficking scam uncovered in IDP camps
- Opendatacon – Nigeria: Re-Telling IDPs stories using visual data and infographics
- Ynaija – Children In Idp Camps Are Sold For N10,000 – Report
- Nigerianpilot – IDP officials allegedly sell displaced children for up to N100,000
- Nigerianeye – Group accuses IDP officials of selling children for up to N100,000
- Dailypost – IDP officials allegedly sell children for up to N100,000
- Diamondreport – Uncovered! massive child trafficking scam in idp camps, read how much they sell a kid
- Adiyaatuluku – IDPs Tracker: Telling The Story of Nigeria’s IDP Camps